- Course Reserve
- More Search Help
Message ExplanationsJump to top
- Article and Book Delivery (Interlibrary Loan)
- Recall from Current Borrower
- Retrieve Madison item at Madison Library
- On Order/In Process
- Purchase Requests
- Tracking Library Requests
- UW System Borrow
MadCat includes 6 million bibliographic records for books, periodicals, audiovisual materials, maps, music scores, microforms, and computer databases currently owned by over 30 campus libraries.
MadCat includes an increasing number of important World Wide Web resources either licensed for UW-Madison use or openly available on the World Wide Web.
Information about specific journal articles is not available in MadCat. MadCat can be used to help you determine which journals are subscribed to by UW-Madison libraries. To search for journal articles, go to the Articles Tab on the UW-Madison Libraries' Web site.
MadCat does NOT include the following:
- Special collections, including materials such as ERIC and some technical reports;
- Records of some libraries/reading rooms (e.g. DPLS)
- Materials that have not yet been converted from the card catalog (mainly items from Memorial or State Historical Society libraries). For more information about the card catalog conversion project, please select this status report.
The MadCat Quick Guide provides basic searching instructions. It is available at the reference desks of many libraries. The Quick Guide is also available online:
- MadCat Quick Guide, HTML Version
MadCat uses Ex Libris Group's Voyager version 7.2.1Jump to top